Saturday, September 15, 2012

Update/Don Quixote :-)

I've finished updating my reviews and added one more- To Kill a Mockingbird. I actually read it last year, but it is #15 on my list, so I wanted to add the review. Great book if you haven't read it!

I'd forgotten how much I love Gone With the Wind. If you've never read it, you really must.

I'm about to give up on Don Quixote- it is hard to read for me, probably because the character is obviously insane and no one does anything. If you've read it, let me know if I should keep going. I'm in Book Two- does it get any better????

3 comments:

Fanda said...

Hi Angie, just checking in to see how much you have progressed with Gone With The Wind. I'm in the middle of part 4 right now.. :)

the thinker said...

Hi Angie,

I've read Don Quixote... and yes, I agree it's slow going. I don't know if it gets any "better," really, but I think the character of Sancho Panza becomes a little more interesting and the focus shifts away from Quixote's insanity a bit. I think if you read it little by little, like you've been doing, and take breaks from it to read other (more enjoyable) things, eventually you'll finish it.

Angie said...

Thinker,

Thanks for the comment! I think I'll do as you suggest. Thanks for the encouragement!